Passau - Vienna aboard MS Primadonna
The Danube cycle path to Bratislava from 799 €
Passau-Vienna aboard the comfort ship MS Primadonna – on this popular trip, you’ll cycle along comfortable cycle paths for a vibrant experience of the Danube. The wild and romantic Danube Valley, the picturesque Wachau region and the rugged Strudengau landscape, as well as magnificent castles and monasteries and the stunning, pulsating cities of Linz and Vienna offer an unforgettable holiday experience. Here you can find information about your hotel ship, the MS Primadonna.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau + boat trip
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it. Embarkation at approx. 4.30 pm, departure to Schlögen at 6.30 pm.
Day 2 Schlögen - Linz, 56 km/35 mi
Bike handover at the Schlögen river bend, then you will cycle through the romantic Danube valley. The Willhering monastery and the state capital Linz.
Day 3 Linz - Grein, 57 km/35 mi
Today’s highlights are Mitterkirchen, which offers an open-air museum that is absolutely worth seeing and the small Baroque town Grein.
Day 4 Ybbs - Wachau, 59 km/37 mi
The magnificent Melk Abbey and the lovely wine villages of the Wachau are on today's tour.
Day 5 Wachau - Tulln, 44 km/27 mi + boat trip
Today you cycle through the Wachau via the UNESCO World Heritage city of Krems to the flower city of Tulln. Afterwards boat trip to Vienna. Evening city walk or city tour "Vienna by night".
Day 6 Discovery Vienna, 27 km/17 mi + boat trip
or Vienna - Danube Floodplains National Park-Bratislava, 68km/42 mi
Hofburg & Schönbrunn, Prater or Danube Island - with or without a bike, there is much to discover.
Alternatively: There is a lot of nature on today's bike tour through the Danube Floodplains National Park to Bratislava.
Day 7 Melk - Grein, 52 km/30 mi
Everything revolves around the Wachau today, which is probably Austria’s most well known wine region. You will be able to buy wine, schnapps and everything apricot-related directly from the producers.
Day 8 Passau and departure
Arrival in Passau around 10 am, disembarkation after breakfast. Your tour " Passau-Vienna aboard the MS Primadonna" comes to an end.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on MS Primadonna.
Included in "Passau-Vienna aboard MS Primadonna":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 x packed lunches or three-course meals aboard
- 7 x dinner, four-course meals
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- daily midnight snack
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- 2 x hydrojet massage/cabin
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- transfer there/back to the landing stage
- optional tour package
- optional rental bike
- optional parking space
- outside cabins on the main deck, approx. 11,5 sqm/124 sq ft (aft ECO 9,5 sqm/102 sq ft), window can’t be opened
- outside cabins on the upper and promenade deck, approx. 16,5 sqm/178 sq ft, with balcony, desk and sofa or 2 armchairs
- Multiple bed occupancy:
Main deck (except aft): Up to max. 4 pers.
(bunk beds/folding upper beds)
Upper deck: Up to max. 3 pers. (90 cm x 2 m single bed)
- Concert Bruckner Organ Linz (min. 20 persons)
- Entrance fee Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna
- City tour Vienna
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or 21-gears and freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
- If you choose to wear a helmet, we recommend using your own due to the variety of head sizes and shapes and for hygienic reasons.
Travel time 2024:
- Arrival on fridays
28.06. + 09.08. + 30.08.
All prices are per person.
|2-bed cabin ECO|
bed + sofa bed
|2-bed cabin||1569 €||1659 €|
|main deck cabin ECO|
|other main deck cabins|
|main deck cabin reduction|
3rd and 4th person
|- 5,9 y 100% / - 11,9 y 75 %|
from 12 y 50 %
|upper deck cabin reduction|
|- 5,9 y 100% / - 11,9 y 75 %|
from 12 y 50 %
|Reduction 2 children in|
separate adjacent cabin
|- 25 %|
|rental bike||90 €|
|private bike||without surcharge|
|excursion package||55 €|
|parking Passau||65 €|
- Please book additional services such as excursion package at the same time. Some excursions can be booked later on board depending on availability.
- booking code "Passau-Vienna aboard MS Primadonna":
- how you can save some money
- cancellation fee
Parking in Passau:
Price per car: 65 €
fenced-in outdoor area, unguarded
includes transfers, departure approx. 4.30 pm
Arrival in Passau via train:
From the railway station to the berth Passau-Lindau it is about 4 kilometers. Transfer included, departure approx. 5.00 pm
Alternatively by bus no.1 or 3, departure at the bus station (ZOB).
Price per person approx. 3 €
Price per taxi approx. 15 €
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. 30 €
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 200-250 €
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.